Wednesday, June 28, 2023

I love Mew kitty cards | Cut Cardstock DT

Good morning everyone, how ya doing?? Maybe saw my previous post? Lol Well I wanted to pop on this morning and share a 2nd project, but this one is for the Cut Cardstock design team.
I made these two cat/love theme cards and I really tried to use everything, even if I just cut something out of it or scraps. So, starting, I used a piece of white cardstock, ran it through my sizzix with a hear die. I decided I wanted to use the part that would be the full card front. I pulled out my bin that I keep all my cut Cardstock off cuts, I realized I had a bit of each color, so I decided to make the heart be a rainbow. I love rainbow pretty much anything, so how could I not? Lol I got the cardstock in the order I wanted them, Grape Jelly, Hydrangea Purple, Aqua, Surf, Galax, Light Yellow, Wild Salmon, Shimmer Fruit Punch and Pink Tutu. I adhered them all from the back, flipped it over and grabbed my kitties I had stamped and colored previously. I played with them till I decided on one of the cute little kitties. I added some adhesive foam to the back of it and stuck it down. I pulled out my I knead you stamp set from My favorite things and stamped my sentiment, added my outlining to it and then to the rest of the card, popped a little mouse on top of my sentiment and call this one done. But I wanted to use the heart that was left over, so I started another card.
I added a little removable adhesive to the back of the heart and stickit down onto a scrap piece of paper, place my stencil over the top where I wanted it, used some washi to keep it where I wanted and started to blend my blues out. I grabbed another piece of white cardstock that I ran through my sizzix in a small, dotted embosser, I added some adhesive foam to the back of the heart and stuck it down. I had already stamped a second saying when I stamped the one for my last card, so I cut it and had It ready to stick to my card. I went through my pile of kitties I had stamped and chose a little orange cat and a ball of yarn and placed it to the left side of the heart and then added my sentiment and another cute little mouse. I thought it was a little too much white on the background, so I decided to add some blue splatters and called these done!

No comments:

Post a Comment