Thursday, June 22, 2023

Birthday Cards using stamps, stencils and distressed oxides | Cut Cardstock DT

Hi crafty people!! How ya been doing? Well today I wanted to pop in and share a few cards I made using cardstock from CutCardstock, distressed oxides from my stash, a few number stencils and a great background stamp from Hero Arts.
I started my cards with white cardstock, I cut both pieces down to 4x5 ¼ so that when I put them on a card base, the color from the card would show as a boarder. I put the white paper into my Misti with a little removable adhesive on the back and then I laid my stencil over the top with a little adhesive on it as well so that I could blend my distressed oxides over the top without having the stencil move. When it comes to the #7 card, I decided to use darker colored inks to stamp over the top of everything with the hero arts background stamp. Once I had the background stamped, I decided that the seven didn't stand out well enough, so I attempted to go around it with a white gel pin and didn't quite like the looks of it, so I went ahead and grabbed my black Micron out and went around the seven and then the outside portion of the card as well.
When I moved to the 13 card, I had put the stencil down for the one and I had the portion from the inside of the three and added some adhesive and tape it down on top of the one so that it would overlay it some. I went ahead and blended the colors on the one so that it would leave the space where the three was blank. I remove both the three and the one stencil and then grab the three stencil that had the inside taken out and put it back over the three and add it in just a light pink the spun sugar distressed oxide. I did the background stamp on this one as well, but I decided to flip the colors. I added gold splatters to both and stamped two different happy birthday sentiments on some black cardstock cut them out and added them to the front of the cards and adhere the 7 and 13 to two different colors of blue card stock from cutcardstock.
On the #7 card I chose to use surf and on the number 13 I chose to use Aqua. I made sure to add 3D foam behind the card fronts and added them onto the card bases I also popped up the happy birthday tags with a little 3D foam as well and called both done.

No comments:

Post a Comment