Monday, July 3, 2023

The Best Day layout | Mercy Tiara Kits DT

Good morning crafty people!! How are you this morning? I’m doing pretty good, getting crafty lol I wanted to share another layout with y’all using the Brighter Days kit by Mercy Tiara Kits. I am seriously loving this kit!! There are two papers now that I have completely cut up, but having the paper add on made it easier for me to do! I knew exactly what picture I was scrapping for this layout so grabbing papers was where I needed to start. And I wanted bright colors, so no white background this time.
I had a hard time with this one, I love all the papers in the kit, but I finally decided on the Tell the story paper. I though the light pink would be nice, and I could use bolder paper on top without it being TOO busy. I have had a problem cutting up the flower paper, Your my fave, but I decided to go with it and ripped it down! I have an issue with wasting stuff, so I flipped over the extra piece and slid it under the flower paper and loved the way it looked so I cut another piece down and slid it under the bottom side too.
So, for me the main part of this layout was done. I knew where my photo was going and that left everywhere else to put my title, journaling and all my pretties!
I pulled out the container that I put all my fussy cut Woodland Grove gold foiled paper and started sliding the florals behind different layers, behind my photo and then at the bottom right end too. I pulled out my typewriter and did my journaling, this way I knew how much journaling I had and where I needed to put it so I could add more to my layout.
I have been trying to finish off the foam sticker sheet cause they are usually hard for me to use, so I had picked that to be something I was shooting to finish completely with this kit. So, I picked my title and placed it. There was a good area for it and the white around it made it stand out a bit. I popped my photo up and slid a few more flowers under it, part of a frame and a cute little word ephemera piece and moved on to tucking things here and there.
I didn’t fully glue down my flowers that I’d fussy cut cause I wanted them to stick up a bit and I also still wanted the option to slide a few things under them or in them too. The Pinkfresh vellum pieces were too cute so those are a few of the things I slid in with my fussy cut florals. I added some word stickers here and there that when with my layout and that was it for this layout! I hope you enjoyed this layout and I hope you come back for more inspiration! Make sure to check out the Mercy Tiara kit club site too so you see the past kits, what’s still available and what the new kit is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment