Thursday, July 13, 2023

Happy Birthday dimensional flower card | Cut Cardstock DT

Good morning everyone!! How are you?? Well I wanted to share a quick but oh so pretty card with you today that I made for Cut Cardstock. I wasn't sure where I was going with this card at first, or that it was even going to be a card. I had pulled some flower dies and wanted to play with them so I did. I wasnt sure what I was going to do, like i said, so I cut the flowers out with white cardstock, man I was confused with it too to be honest lol. I stacked it together and found out how it was supposed to stack and then marked on the backs of each piece.
I pulled out my saltwater taffy distress oxide and started blending on the floral pieces from the outside in. After I got the flower pieces the way i liked, I added a little green to the leafs and a but of 2 different yellows to the center and went to using my roller tool to make the sides stick up some.
I grabbed some white cardstock and cut it down to a 4x5 1/4, ran it through my sizzix with an embossing folder, then again with a circle die to cut a place out for my flower. Once I had that, everything was ready except I needed a card base. So I ran through all the colors I had and thought the Surf cardstock looked great. There was a great contrast and it made the flower pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment