Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Treasures layout | Mercy Tiara Kit club DT

Ok, so these kits are big! There is so much in them!! I can’t believe after 7 layouts I still have so much left! I decided I was going to go a little different route with this layout. I started with the pictures and one of the foam sticker titles and that’s it. I liked the color if the title so I thought I would go with pinky/ coral colors and yellows. So, I went through the kit and started to pull things in those colors. When I was done with that, I had quite a bit!
I added a little glue to the backs of my photos when I got them the way I liked and then started to play with layering behind them. Before I started sticking any of that down I decided that I wanted to add a little mixed media to the background. My saltwater taffy was a little too pink so I added a little crackling campfire to it and it worked just fine.
While that was drying, I started to glue the layers together behind my photos. I added 3d foam to the back of my photos before adding some of the paper layers and ruffing up the edges. I got a couple layers in and decided to add more 3d foam for some more dimension. This way I could tuck a little more in there and there too.
I played with the different pieces I had pulled. I loved the little moths! I added a little foam to them too and popped them on here and there. I tucked a label in towards the top, little word stickers that made me think of my little miss and then I moved on to the title and my journaling.
To finish the layout off, I had already added some mixed media to the bottom right side too, so that I could add another cluster of pretties. So, I went to layering some of the labels, tucking a happy days chipboard piece, adding some dimension and tucking a glower in, popping up a moth and then adding a few enamel dots around the layout and I was done!
Make sure to head to the Mercy Tiara kit shop and check out what’s there and keep a look out for the new kit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment