Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Discover | Mercy Tiara Kit Club DT

Good morning crafty people!! I’m here this morning to share another new layout with you using the Mercy Tiara Brighter days kit. This kit just keeps giving and giving! I have been having so much fun playing with it, and I still have more projects to share!! This layout is about me, and all the journaling is hidden, but I have been trying to be better about writing down the story, even if everyone else can’t read it. I really started this layout with the picture, the foam sticker title and a piece of white cardstock.
I cut multiple flowers out from the cut files you get when you purchase your kit, I thought since I was doing a layout about me, I could use the pretty flower cut files and flower paper too lol. I pulled the floral paper, it’s from the Flea Market collection from Simple Stories, You’re my fave paper. I knew I wanted to use that, come on its soooo pretty!! Then I pulled different papers that I thought would go with it, some other patterned papers and some that I considered plain or can be used as one for me at least.
I added layers behind my photo, after adding a white boarder of course. I added adhesive foam for dimension and played with the papers till I got them just how I wanted them. I ran some of them threw my sewing machine, added more 3d adhesive and ruffed up the edges. I tucked the pretty flower cut file behind my layers there so that some of it would be sticking out and showing. At this point I hadn’t adhered down my photo and its layers.
I cut a 3-inch strip of that beautiful floral paper and added it to the bottom of my layout and ran it through my sewing machine. I played with the same papers form the ones I used behind my photo; I used the same ones on the bottom. But I didn’t stick them down right away. I decided I wanted to play with a little mixed media and get a bit more of that darker teal color on the page. So, I did. I added a “puddle” behind my photo and its layers and hidden journaling, then I added some to the bottom of the layout where I had picked my title to go.
I added some splatter around the layout too, waited for everything to dry and then stated adhering things down! I tucked some labels behind my title and in those layers I had already made, I slid some foam florals in up by my photo and a cute little camera too!
I tucked in some of the pretty vellum leaves, a life is beautiful banner to the right of my photo, and I decided I was done with layout. I have a question?? Do you show all your journaling where everyone can see it, or do you hide some of yours too? When it’s something personal? I hope you enjoyed this layout, and I hope you come back to check out more!! Make sure to check out my Instagram for more insperation, along with my Youtube TikTok facebook and the Mercy Tiara Facebook Group too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment