Wednesday, July 19, 2023

So Cool Layout | Mercy Tiara Kit Club DT

Good morning, everyone!! How are you doing today?? The week is halfway over, are you happy or is it going to slow?? Well for me, scrapbooking helps a little bit with the wishing that the weekend was here already lol and having a new kit to play with, helps even more!! So today I am sharing my first layout with the June kit, Summer Vibes, from Mercy Tiara kit club. And oh man is this kit soooooo worth it! I went outside of what I normally do, no white background!! I think the only white on this layout is the mat for my photos!
I knew what photos I wanted to use, and that Pinkfresh Studio paper, Sun and Sand just yelled at me!! I wanted to use it as soon as I saw it. So, I grabbed it and started cutting it up. Right into the strips that were on the paper but taking out the white bits. I also love the Patina Bazill cardstock so I figured I would combine them. Honestly the most aggravating thing about this layout was my sewing machine! I ran out of thread in the middle of a line I was sewing and didn’t realize it at first, so I had to try and make sure to hit the same holes when I went back over it! Lol That was completely on me!!
Once I had that all under control, I ruffed up the edges of the paper with my nails and moved on to adding my photos. I pulled out the Simple Stories Retro summer bits and pieces along with Pinkfresh Studios floral ephemera and started to add those pieces as layers behind my pictures.
I added my title after that. This was an easy one and after making it a priority with last months kit to use the foam stickers, it was easy to do with this one too. I thought So Cool worked great for this little miss and the color was perfect too! After the title I added a few word strips and of course those beautiful sequins and called this layout done!
Make sure to follow Mercy Tiara kit club on Instagram and join the facebook group too and share your projects!! You can also head over to the Mercy Tiara site and grab this kit and some of the past ones too!

No comments:

Post a Comment