Friday, October 23, 2015

Popey & Olive Oyl / Hip Kit

Hello everyone, Happy Friday!!
I've been playing with my October Hip Kits this week, loving all the pretty colors an patterns in them. The beautiful florals, polk a dots and stripes!! Love them, I'm a big pattern fan. :) But I also like my white space.

And I like the white space in this layout. I love sewing on my layouts and I didn't want the back ground to be to busy but I didn't want just a plain white sheet of cardstock either, I do that a lot. Theirs nothing wrong with it, but I just wanted a bit of a change up, so I used the cardstock that I backed my picture with and cut it into 1 inch strips and laid them across the page and sewed them down. I ran my fingers under the edges after sewing them down so it can be seen that their there and not stuck down.


After that I added a pice of Pebbles wood grain paper from the Jen Hadfield DIY home line, I also used the opposite side and added a little bit of the pretty floral to the page with cut ends. I remembered I had the beautiful Project life cards, made by Kim Watson. So I grabbed the one that said remember this and placed it behind the photo. 
I wasnt there, this is actually my grandparents. My moms parents. They were so young and so cute together. They were only dating in this picture, but were together so long! I always told them that they reminded me of Popey and Olive Oyl. She was tall and skinny and he was a military man and in good shape, not cartoon Popey shape but in good shape. I just always love this picture of them, caught off guard when someone someone called out to them and they looked back. It just makes me smile.


I added a few bits here and there, a little man and woman from the Simple Stories, We are family wood veneers that were in the kit, a glittery heart and little banner that says love you more from the Pink Paislee, Cedar lane ephemera pack from the Project like kit. And then I used the Elaliciouse navy alphas from the project life kit and titled my page, with an ampersand from the DIY home printed chipboard shapes.
I added a little splash of Heidi Swapp color shine, gold lame, and that was about it.

I was really happy that I found this picture, I love that I can put them in my albums the way I want them to be looked at but can still be kept for my family to look at and ask questions about. My kids never got the chance to meet there great grandpa, he passed away before they were ever born. So to me this and the other photos I have of them are something I always want them to see and ask as many questions as possible, not only that, I want to write down as much as I can remember of all the things we use to do together and the kind of people they were, so that in some way they will know them in some way. That is definitely one of the things I love about this craft!

Ok, lol, Sorry for getting so sentimental, but that's how I get when I scrapbook my grandpa, my grandma is still around, but don't get to see her near enough, but I love that my kids can get to know some about the great man there great grandpa was when her was alive.
Well thanks for reading and checking out my blog. I'll have more this next week with my October Hip Kits, so I hope you come back by to see!! And if you haven't already, head over the the shop and check out the kits and check out the blog too! Tons of great inspiration there!! Have a great and safe weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment