Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Future Pres & Senator/ Hip K

Hello everyone, Happy Hump Day!! 
Today has been a long one. My youngest didn't sleep well last night, she has an ear infection :( poor baby.  So that means I didn't sleep well either! Just part of being a mom. I did love the reading of books in the middle of the night though, she just loves books! We read till she fell back to sleep. Then my hubby came home from work sick too, he seems to feel a bit better, but that's after a bit of napping, tylonal and a hot shower and more laying on the couch with blankets.

Well on another note, I still had a bit of my September Hip Kit left and decided I was going to use it. Im usually pretty good at killing a kit, so I'm going to do the same here. I'm also going to challenge myself to make some cards from the scraps that are left.


Ive posted other layouts with pictures from this trip that we took and I still have a few more to do, possibly a mini album....
I started out with my pictures in the middle of the layout, I started the layering, but not adhering anything to the background. I matted my photos with American crafts white cardstock and then matted them together on Elle's Studio, Thankful, Sweater paper. I loved the blue next to the picture because my oldest was wearing a bright blue shirt,lol. I love using my scraps but there not always quite big enough, so I cut my scrap of  Dear Lizzy, Bear Hug, with the triangles cut out of it in to two pieces and taped a piece to both sides. One way to make it stretch! I layered bits and pieces from Amy Tangerines Finders keepers line, Elle's Studio Thankful like and the magenta-ish strip from Dear Lizzys Documentary line, and yes I was happy with myself for getting pink in on this layout even if it was just a tiny bit! lol, but I layered them behind the photo and then started adding bits to the left right across from the photo/ paper cluster. I liked the way it looked, but I hadn't put the title on the page yet or my little stickers and splatters. I love using reinforcement labels for embellishments on pages, sometimes I'll ink them or just out line them like I did here, and sometimes I don't do anything to them but stick them down. But I love them!! 

Well I started to add the title and everything looked smushed so I pulled the photo cluster over and was a lot happier with it, so I started adhering everything down. And finished it off with Dylusions ink platters and a bit of little B yellow washi.

Now more about the picture.....We were at the Clinton Museum and my oldest wanted to sit in the presidents chair, this was all ok they were allowed to, then his brother sat in the senators chair. They were acting goofy and talking about when they run the country one day and stuff like that. It was even funnier because the chairs were so heavy they could hardly move them! It was just a great trip all in all, we had lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment