Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Dream Big Baby/ Hip Kit

Good morning everyone!! Monday is over so thats a plus right??

Well I'm here to share a layout I made using the beautiful October Hip Kits! And it also makes me happy to say this is my 1st layout being apart of Hip Kits Creative Team!! Squeal! lol Yes I am still excited :)

Ok so I love this picture of my oldest daughter. We were on a road trip back from the Grandparents house and she passed out. I couldn't help but take the picture and she may hate it when she older but I loved it :)

Now for the actual layout, I started with a sheet of  American Crafts white cardstock from the cardstock add on. I saw the stencils and water color pencils from the color kit add on and decided I wanted to play with those. So I grabbed the plus sign stencil made by Kim Watson and the pretty Prima water color pencils and started out lining some of the plus sings and then coloring some in, then went back with a damp paint brush and activated the water color pencils. 


It was so hard to decided what to actually use with this being my 1st layout with the kits and all, but I jumped in and grabbed some of the beautiful pattern papers from the main kit by Jen Hadfield and one by Dear Lizzy and started my paper strips down the right side and then the layering behind my photo. I added bits of the papers to the upper left side as well to have an anchor for another cluster, because I love making clusters! 


I love the Pink Paislee Cedar Lane ephemera pack thats in the project life kit. There are so many pieces!! Cardstock, acetate and gold foil pieces!! There all so amazing for clusters. I grabbed a few little label stickers from the Pink Paislee Memorandum stickers that are in the project life kit too. I added a piece of gold polka-doted washi paper from the Jen Hadfield DIY Home collection, from the embellishment kit. And then those gold letters!! Swoon! I need so many packs of those!! Those are from the main kit and are beautiful thickers by Dear Lizzy. To finish it off I used some Heidi Swapp color shine, that was from my stash, sorry.

I really enjoyed making this layout and have more to share, so I hope you come back to see what is to come and I hope that you'd head over to the Hip Kit club and check out these beautiful kits, maybe even subscribe, join in on the group over on facebook and share what you make with the kits! 




1 comment:

  1. I love this layout Sarah! It's a really sweet photo. And I love your embellishment clusters!

    ReplyDelete