Saturday, October 17, 2015

Happy Memories, Hello Happy- BOAF DT

Hello everyone on this fantastic Saturday!! It's beautiful outside and actually feels like fall!! I hope it stays this time!!

Well I am here to share 2 layouts that I made for the Birds of a Feather DT. I was using the October kit that had a bunch of the Pink Paislee Cedar lane papers in it, so I decided I would use those! I love these papers and they we so fun to play with!


This layout design is something I will do quite often, one of my go tos. I will grab some of a busier print from the collection that I love and cut a strip to either go across the top or bottom, in this case the top. That paper is just so pretty!! Then I grabbed that fantastic, bright blue and cut a strip for the top and bottom. I did like it with both pieces being cut straight, so I grabbed my scalloped punch and went to town,lol. I thought about it for the bottom, but decided against it and I'm glad I did. I matter my photo on some american crafts white cardstock, places a doily to the left side of my photo because I knew I was going to use that card that says Happy Memories and I didn't want to much white on one side. Then I added the little pop of color with the pink ombre paper, I also decided to but a piece of that with my scallop punch and add that to the bottom, this way it wasn't the really bold color down there.


I did add a few pieces of wood grain washi from my stash, it just went so well! I started doing the little embellishment clusters with fussy cut flowers from another paper from the Cedar lane collection. I used a gold camera and heart from Septembers kit, and punched a few circles out with my 1in punch and placed little words on some and a flower on another and used an epoxy sticker over them to make some of my own embellishments, I love those and I got that idea from Adele of Inkie Quille. She has a youtube channel, check her out!!



Now this layout is more plain, but it turned out just how I wanted!! Its so bright and airy. This was on official 1st day of fall this year. We went to the park and had a blast. This is 3 out of 4 or our kids playing football. We had so much fun that day, because we weren't dying from the heat! We played frisbee, basketball, football and on all of the playground equipment. It was just a blast! I cut the pretty doily from a Cedar lane paper from the kit on my Silhouette cameo, placed a few paper strips under the photo, I used the branding strips for the 2 pieces that the Love wood veneer is setting on along with the Happy under the picture, Like I said I love these paper, have to use it all!! The bottom wood gran is actually the branding strip from on the polkadot paper. I liked the look of it so I just cut the 1/2 inch off the top to keep it :) I did a bit of sewing and then punched small little circles out of the paper scraps I had to make the confetti on the page. I also added 2 of those gorgeous, gold feather by Little B with a bit of messy thread behind them. Added the Hello, which is from the September kit 


And that was pretty much the end of it, I loved they way it looked and I could have definitely kept going but I was happy with it. I hope you enjoyed my layouts and I hope you would head over to the Birds of a Feathers new blog and check it out along with the store and look at the kits and extras that are there! 



No comments:

Post a Comment