Monday, January 16, 2017

Jan16th DITL cards/Cocoa Daisy DT

Hello everyone! How was your weekend?? Mine was kind of busy. We had a house full of people because we were celebrating one of our daughters birthdays. It was fun and cute, but it made the weekend long!! lol Plus its a long weekend, so today I still have 6 little ones running around the house and all of them keep wanting cake all the time! lol

Well I thought I would share with y'all a layout and a 12x12 pocket page I created with my Cocoa Daisy January DT package. I love to play with DITL cards on my regular layouts, there great for layering and for blocking out layouts, grid designs and all. 

So this 1st one I used 2 of the DITL cards and made a bit of a blocked out layout. All centered around the middle of the page.


For me, these are quite simple pages, fast. And sometimes thats all I have time for,lol. I started with the white background and places the picture where I wanted it and then placed the cards.


To start out with, if I'm not sure if I might want to change the layout around later, I put a little adhesive on the back of my cards and picture and then start building. I grabbed the pretty paper that looked like it had doilies on it and fussy cut a few of those out and placed them around the layout. I added a few of the gorgeous wood veneer that came in the kit and one of the exclusive cocoa daisy print and cuts on the layout. 


I wanted more to it, it looked to plain, so I added some of the pink paislee rub ons and a little triangle up to the top left. I still wanted a bit more so I punched a few places on the edges of the layout and backed them with some of the exclusive, adorable, strawberry paper. and that was it. It went quite quick and I like that its a soft layout and that the picture stands out. It was just a cute moment between my husband and one of our daughter, watching a game on the phone.



This is my 1st DITL page that I have done this year. And it was for the 1st week of January. I print my pictures off every Monday for the week before, so I will have more. This one is really simple. We had a lot of family in and out after the holidays and little sick ones. So I did a bit of journaling about that week and added a few stickers from one of last months kits and a rub on here and there and called it done. Oh I added that little flair button on the outside of my pocket page so that it wouldn't be sticking up too.

Thanks for stopping by to check out what I have done so far this week and I hope you come back by to see what else I post. Make sure to head over the the Cocoa Daisy blog and check out what all the other lovely's are creating! And remember that there are also forums on the Cocoa Daisy site that you can participate in too, and a Cocoa Daisy challenge page on facebook, if your participate you can win a gift card for the shoe!! Cool right?!?!




No comments:

Post a Comment