Saturday, July 9, 2016

Oh Snap

I was in my scrappy room a while back and decided I was going to put my kits up and play with my stash, since I hadn't done that in a while and my pretty stash was just sitting there. So I grabbed a picture, I don't scrap chronologically, so I grabbed this picture of my oldest son from this spring when we went on a weekend trip to my in-laws.
We all love going up there and hanging out. It takes a few hours to get there but everyone is always glad to be there. The kids love that they get to be out in the middle of nowhere and my oldest loves to ride the four wheelers! 


I decided I wasn't going to go with my plain white background like I usually do, trying to break out of that, but we will see. lol so I grabbed my American Crafts light kraft card stock and dove into my stash to pick patterned papers. I found in my 6x6 paper pads that I had a We R Memory Keepers, notable paper pad. I loved the colors and hadn't touched it yet so I pulled it. 
I rooted threw some of my ephemera drawers and ended up pulling things from Pink Paislee, Pink Fresh Studio, Crate paper wonder, Basic Grey, Simple Stories, Heidi Swapp and Amy Tan. I think thats all...


I guess I was kind of procrastinating cause I turned on my silhouette design studio and started scrolling threw my cut-files and I was glad that I did, I found this one that Kim Watson had made, it was actually only the one, but I manipulated it and combined  a few of them in different sizes. Once it was cut I started putting pieces of patterned paper in different places that I liked and backed my photo. Then I adhered it all down and went to embellishing!


I combined so many collections, it makes me happy when I can do that, the old and the new combined and they look good together to me.


Oh I also used a Hip Kit club exclusive flair button on this layout. I had fun with this layout and am hoping to dig into my stash more and more, I need to so all those pretties aren't just sitting there anymore!!
Thanks for stopping by to check this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment