Thursday, July 7, 2016

My weirdos / Hip Kit club CT

Good morning everyone!! Im sharing a layout with you today that I created with the Hip Kit Club June 2016 kits. This is one of my last layouts with the June kit, my July ones should be here soon!! So excited! 
For this layout I used the sketch that Ashley Horton created for this month. Please feel free to use the sketch and come join in over on the Hip Kit club member forums on facebook, we'd love to see what you create with it!



So here is my layout. I loved this sketch as soon as I saw it and I also loved the cut-files for this month! I started off with a piece of American Crafts card-stock from the card-stock kit, ran it threw my Silhouette machine after I had played with the cut-files and got them the way I wanted.
After that I grabbed my Main kit and pulled out a few of the patterned papers and started backing the cut-file and behind my photo. Once I was finished with that I decided to sew down each row of arrows and then sewed a circle around the layout, like the sketch shows, I love that it draws you in to the photo but subtly.


After I did the sewing I started to add embellishments. I love the exclusive ephemera and puffy stickers Kim Watson created and wanted to use them as well. And the colors all matched perfectly.


I added the little clusters in like it showed on the sketch. I stuck really close to this sketch and was happy with the way it all turned out.


My kids are little goof-balls and this picture shows it!! lol So I used My little Weirdos for the title, it just fit! lol This was juts breakfast one morning and they were just laughing and joking and being goofy so I grabbed my camera and went to snap a shot and they got even goofier!!

Well I hope you liked this layout and I hope you come and play along with us over on the Hip kit club facebook forum. You'll love the weekly challenges, great inspiration and tons of great conversation! You can find more on the Hip Kit instagram and blog too!!
I hope you come back to see more of what I create with these kits!

Hip Kit Club products used:

Main Kit:
Simple Stories- Sunshine&Happiness-High Five
Simple Stories-Sunshine&Happiness- Bradz
Pebbles-Jen Hadfield-Everyday-Dotted Chevron
Kim Watson-Hip Kit Club Exclusive-Everyday- Laughter&Smiles
Kim Watson-Hip Kit club Exclusive-Everyday-Ephemera pack
Pink Paislee- Paige Evens- Fancy Free-06

Embellishment Kit:
JilliBean Soup-Newberg-Navy Alpha
JilliBean Soup-Summer Red Raspberry-Wood Veneer
Kim Watson-Hip Kit Club Exclusive-Puffy Stickers

Card Stock Kit:
American Crafts-White Card Stock

Hip Kit club exclusive cut-file



No comments:

Post a Comment