Friday, September 4, 2015

Zoo Fun

Ok so I posted awhile back that I had won a Clique Kit prize pack and hadn't got to play with it yet, well I've finally broke into it!
It is filled to the brink with Crate papers Journey collection!! And it is AMAZING!!


Here is my 1st layout made with it. I really did enjoy playing with it. What took me the longest though was trying to figure out what paper to use because they are all great! But I finally made a choice and went with the chevron paper so that way it pulled in all the colors. 


As you see this layout is about us going to the zoo and having fun. And of course, we did. Now mind you it was hot as all get out when we went to the zoo, but the kids still had fun and thank God, the zoo had put misters all over the zoo to walk threw and get a bit of cool water on you to cool you off. the kid liked this a lot too! It was hard to get them out of them!
But back to the layout! lol I used papers from the Journey collection and then broke in to the ephemera and started layering that. Now that piece I have there that's kinda like a binocular thing, I used it because at the lion exhibit they have one and even though I didn't show that pick here I was like yep I'm using it!! lol



I wanted more to my layout, so I went to my silhouette and cut that cool little circle out and did some layering and then added a bit of gold stitching and to finish it off I added some Heidi Swapp color shine.
And just a note, the phone booth was actually at the zoo in a cage and if you don't know where that's from I'll tell you!! Its from Doctor Who! My kids were so excited when they saw this. We are Doctor Who fans here and that's all of us in our house lol so we got a big kick out of seeing this in the zoo! Ok that's all for now, stay tuned for more made with this amazing prize pack. Follow me here on my blog so that you don't miss any posts, challenges or anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment