Thursday, September 10, 2015

Up on the BOAF Blog today with a layout, mini album and online crop

Good morning everyone!! Hope your week is going well, its Thursday, almost the weekend!! Witch also means that its almost time for the online crop over at Birds of a feather kit club!! Come and play along with us, join in and have fun!! Maybe even win a prize!

What I have here for you is one of my challenges for the crop. I'm doing a sketch challenge and here is the sketch I created for it. Play with it, tweak it, put your own twist on it and let us see what you come up with it!!  I will have a small RAK for both of my challenges. One for each challenge, I will choose the random winners on Sunday.


Here is my take on the sketch. I used my September Birds of a feather kit, which it packed full of beautiful We R Memory Keepers Wildflower papers!! I love these colorful papers and pretty ephemera. 


I added some texture using gold glitter embossing powder from my stash, I thought the gold went well with the pretty accents in the ephemera bit.


Now for my 2nd challenge with the online crop, I want you to create something with canvas. Your project needs to be at least 50% canvas. You can make a layout, card, mini album, whatever you'd like, but it needs to be at least 50% canvas.

Now I made a mini album for my example. I pulled the Prima canvas mini from my stash and a few epoxy rounds to make embellishment and the rest was from my September. Just a tip for adhering onto canvas, you can use scotch quick dry, I have had problems with it popping off later, so I use Aleene's tacky glue and it has been working fantastically for me!


These are the first few things I've made with this months kit and I cant wait to play with it more, I think I'm going to get a lot of good use out of this kit!! I already have multiple pictures pulled to play with! 
Come by and check everything out in the Hen house play along with all the great challenges and get to know us a little better!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment