Thursday, April 21, 2022

oofy Love | Clique Kits Design Team

Good morning everyone!! How have you been doing? I was sick for a bit, but am feeling so much better now! Finally good enough to do a little scrapping! Clique kits has a bunch of new kits in the shop and I was so excited to play with the new Happy hearts kit! PinkFresh studio always has a ton of amazing stuff in their collections!
Ok so I'm not going to lie. I have used kits or collections in the past that had some of these really cute embroidery hoops and I had a hard time using them, so I thought what better way to start off using this kit, then to use them first? Well I had a fun goofy picture of my daughter and her fruit kabob and thought this would work,lol. I pulled the wood accents pack from the kit and chose 5 of them to use. I dipped into the ephemera pack and grabber a few of the paper embroidery hoops from there too.
I started with a piece of white cardstock, grabbed some stamps from the stash and a few distressed oxides ( you can find them in the shop too), and stamped some little splatters here and there. I knew I wanted my photo to go in the center of the page and the circles to go on either side to I started to pick where I wanted the circles to go and in what order. I knew I didn't want both pieces with writing in them to go next to each other and I also knew that I had the one blue and one purple piece and I wanted them on opposite sides too.
I placed all the circles down, decided to grab a few flowers and tuck them in behind some of the embroidery hoops just to add a little more. Then I decided instead of leaving my photo with nothing but a white mat, that I would add a few layers behind it and pop it up on 3d foam. I chose one of the words from the title ephemera, Love, and pulled the beautiful gold alphabet and added goofy to the tops of my photo. To finish off the layout, I decided to grab a couple of the cute butterflies from the ephemera pack and add those going away from the photo at the top. And that finished my layout! I hope you liked my layout and make sure you head over to the shop and check out all the pretty things there!

No comments:

Post a Comment