Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Happy Memories | Clique Kits design team

​Good morning everyone!! How is your day going? It looks like rain today, so I'm hoping for some scrappy time! But right now I thought I would share with you another layout that I made with the Best day kit from the Clique kits shop. It's still available too!! So make sure to go check it out! I have made so many layouts and projects with this kit, its amazing and I love it! I al trying to use up every last bit of it. And this layout came together so easily.
I had a goofy pic of my son at the store with the peep he picked out and wanted, so I decided, even though my picture is in black and white, I knew that the peep was yellow. So, I decided to grab some of the yellow paper and ephemera pieces from the kit and use those, along with some pretty blues, oranges and greens. I added a small strip of grey down the right side of the layout, followed by a strip of the yellow plaid. This way I had a place where my photo would sit and I could build from.
Once I had done that, I knew I wanted a place to add some journaling about the shopping trip and the peep he found and brought home, but with this being and 8.5x11, I didn't want to take up too much room with my journaling and make it feel crowded, so I grabbed one of the pockets from the kit and a few of the tags that fix easily in it and added them as a layer behind my photo. That itself ended up adding some dimension lol. After my journaling was done, I started to play with the ephemera pieces that I had pulled. Tucking bits and pieces here and there. I wanted to use that happy memories tag as my title, just for the fact that this was a happy memory and the tag was cute!
I tucked in some other tags, floral pieces, word sticker and that cute chipboard BFF piece and moved on. I felt there was too much white space. I pulled some of the pieces of ephemera I had left, from what I had pulled earlier and started making little clusters out of them till I was happy with the way they looked. I added one to the top, with a sticker that said Photo op and a chipboard circle and then another to the bottom with little bits and pieces that were left over and cut off from pieces I had already used on the page. Yeah I like to try and use it all!! lol I decided to use some of my distressed oxide, mix two colors, pumice stone and black soot, and added some platters and that was it for this layout. I hope you liked this layout and make sure you head over to the shop and see all the beautiful kits there are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment