Friday, March 4, 2022

My Unicorn | Clique Kit Design team

Good morning everyone! I hope your week went good. Me, I'm just happy it's Friday! Well I have been listening to A Storytellers podcast and one really made me thing. I have always had an issues with journaling on my layouts. I usually use my memory planner for more of that really. But I realized when listening to one episode, that I'd never wrote down or told the story of my last littles birth. The pregnancy or anything. So, I thought it was time to do that. That's what this layout is.
I used the Happy Blooms kit for this layout. I loved the pretty colors and embellishments, there was just so much to choose from lol. I picked a large picture of my little miss for this layout because I wanted her to be the center of attention. She was so small and cute lol I started by going through my kit and pulling anything I thought I might want to use and setting it to the side. I picked my background, added a strip of that pretty floral paper to the the top and then stuck my picture down. Then I tried to figure out where I was going to put my journaling. I knew it was going to be quite a bit. I decided I needed to write it out to see how much room it was going to take and it tool a lot! At this point I knew it wasn't going to fit on the layout itself, so I cut it down in to strips that would go in a pocket. So that made my decision of how I would get it all in there. Then to make the pocket.
I grabbed two other papers from the kit, it wasn't easy lol, I love them all. I punched a scalloped border out of the pretty pink one and cut a strip of that pretty, smaller floral. I made sure it was big enough to almost completely cover my journaling, than I pulled out my sewing machine and sewed it to my layout. I liked this better anyways, it added more color to the bottom of my layout and gave me a place to put all the journaling I had done. Once I had sewed my pocket down I slid my journaling in and moved on to adding my title and pretty things.
I knew what my title was going to be before I even started the layout. It is private, my daughter will read about it later in her life, but My Unicorn definitely fit. I grabbed the embellishments I had pulled previously and started laying them here and there on my layout, until I got the combo or look I wanted. Making sure to do my little embellishment triangle. I tucked tags and florals here and there, making it look pretty. But my biggest thought was getting down her story. So she could go back when she was older and read the things that happened through my pregnancy with her and read how happy I was she was there. Do any of you avoid journaling on your layouts? Do you hid it like I did? Well I would love to see how you do yours. And make sure to head over to the Clique kits shop and check out the past kits and all the lovely new ones that are there too! Happy scraping!

No comments:

Post a Comment