Thursday, February 17, 2022

Enjoy Today | Clique kits design team

Hey everyone! I hope you've been able to find some crafty time for yourself. I have managed to do that, even though this layout is pretty simple and the picture is really pretty bad, but I loved the memories that go along with it, so I had to scrap it!
I started with a white background, one cause I like a white background and two, because I had no clue what I was going to do. My crafty juices haven't been flowin to well lol. Anyways..... I really started this layout by going threw my kit and pulling things I liked and wanted to use. Once I had all that pulled out I started with my photo, matting it and adding different layers. A little bit of 3D foam adhesive and making sure there was a place for me to stick a journaling card. (I'm trying to be better about adding my journaling to my layouts, I found a scrappy podcast, its a whole thing! lol you might wanna check it out, AStoryTellersPodcast).
At this point I had my photo matted and my place for a journaling card, did my journaling and slid my card into where it belonged. Then I realized, well hey now I cant add things to that side of my photo so, I think I need to figure out what the background of my layout is going to look like lol. I decided I was just going to use a few of the papers I had pulled, cut a few strips and add them to the sides of my layout.
I did a wider strip to the left so that my photo could be anchored there, so I knew I wanted something on the right side of the layout too, some kind of cluster. I still had a bundh of the pieces pulled out so I started layering them, found a piece I wanted to add so I fussy cut it out and tucked some of it in as well. I used a little bit of everything here lol, ephemera pieces, puffy stickers, those cute chipboard circles. I finally got it to where I liked it and decided that my photo cluster needed more too.
I tucked more florals to the left of my photo, along with a bit of the piece I fussy cut earlier. But I don't know if you've looked at this kit, but it has tons of sentiment strips and sweet sayings, so I decided that I was going to use a bunch of the ones I had already pulled and put them under my photo. Sticking a flower in there too, a chipboard circle to bring the stripes down there too and that cute little puffy sticker house. That was it. I started this layout all backwards lol, does anyone else do that sometimes? My big thing for this one was making sure I got the story down. I hope you enjoyed this layout and we'd all love to see what you are creating too!

No comments:

Post a Comment