Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Happiness is here Layout | Clique kits design team

Good morning everyone and Happy love month lol. I know, I'm a goof, but I thought I would kick off this month with a little love layout. I'm using the Forever Love sampler kit by Mimamolina | A.B. Studio. And I have to say I love this kit! Sometimes I like to do mixed media but don't always have time or am to impatient lol. So, this worked out perfectly!
I went through the kit and found this beautiful paper with the mixed media looking heart on the background and thought it would be perfect. I pulled my sewing machine out and stitched a few times around the heart with white thread. Looking back black or gold thread would have worked great too. I left all the strings hanging out because I thought it added some texture to the page. I already knew what picture I was going to be using, so I went to pulling bits and pieces for my photo mat and embellishments.
I pulled from the ephemera in the pack and started layering the pieces under my picture, then I decided I wanted a bit more so I went to cutting up some of the ephemera pieces so I could add them in. There is a piece that looks like it has lace on it, So I decided to fussy cut that out so I could tuck it under the edge of my picture with all the other layers. I added a heart with some of that beautiful teal color and then pulled out the decoupage rice paper and ran it through my big shot and made a little doily out of it and added that to the layers too. Once I did that I figured, hey I should run it threw my sewing machine too, so I did lol. Then I popped it all up n some dimensional adhesive and placed it down and went to working on the other clusters on my layout.
I cut out a larger doily from the rice decoupage paper and a few more hearts, layer them together and stitch them together and pop them on my layout and its done. The paper already had splatters and everything soI didn't have to do that and I loved the way it looked. ​I hope you enjoyed this layout and I hope you head over to the shop and check out all the kits and other pretties that are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment