Monday, March 21, 2022

Wild & Free | Clique Kits Design team

Good morning everyone! I hope your Monday is going good so far. I wanted to share with you a new layout I made with the Fairytale Base kit. I had some fun with this one. I knew what picture I was going to use when I started. My goofy little miss. But I decided I wanted to work with only a few colors, so I went through the kit and pulled any piece that was purple, that tealy green and the yellow color too. I love the paper that had the cute little black hearts on it so I put that in the pile too.
There was one paper in the kit, Memoir, it had the black hearts with the white background and all of those beautiful, different colored triangles on the other side. I decided to cut that whole sheet of paper up and pull the colors I wanted from it and use the triangles as a main design on my layout.
I distressed the sides of each of the triangles and played with the placement of them. I tried a few things but end the end I put them down starting on the right side of the layout, in the middle and worked my way in. I decided not to wait, to see what would happen really lol. So I went ahead and stuck them down. I do kind of regret that, since I ended up covering so many triangles up, but it worked out in the end. But once I got the triangles down, I moved on to my photo and what I wanted to do with it.
I placed a thin, white mat around the photo, but wanted something a but more. But I also didn't a ton of color there wither, so I decided to pull out some tissue paper and cut a fe layers of that and mat my picture on it. And tucked that cute little tag back there too. It wasn't a hard decision and it was really simple so it only took a minute of two and I was ready to start adding embellishments.
Like I had said, I already went through the kit and had pulled everything with the colors I was working with, so this was pretty easy too. I tucked some flowers behind the upper right side of my photo and then to the lower left. I had also pulled that adorable little horse and wanted to use it, so I tucked it in to the left of the photo too. In the kit there are some really pretty bows too, and I thought that one would look so cute on the horse, so I added it around its neck.
The upper left corner of my layout was looking a little bare so I added a few embellishments there too. Then I pulled out some gold Heidi shine from my stash and added some splatters. And then I thought that I could add a little more purple to this layout by adding a border on two of the sides. I ripped my paper up a little and then added the paper to the back and had another little pop of purple and a bit more balance to my layout. I hope you liked this layout and I hope you head over to the clique kits shop and check out all the beautiful kits that are there!

No comments:

Post a Comment