Saturday, July 20, 2019

Birthday Boy / Bella Blvd DT

 Good morning everyone!
Sarah back here today to share with you a layout I made about one of my little guys and his birthday. You will notice with this layout, I used color photos. I know crazy!! I never use color photos. I used color photos this time because its the only way I had these. I lost my SD card in one of my moves and had these printed from years ago, so I decided to use them the way they were.
He turned 3 and was so sick, but his fever had finally broke so I wanted to do a little something before his birthday party the next weekend. So we went and got some cupcakes and his and his brother had a cupcake war in the front yard and they had a blast!

 I started this layout by actually getting the photos arranged the way I wanted, stuck them together and went to adding the layers behind them. I grabbed the ephemera packs that went with the Wish Big boy collection, along with the ciao chip icons and started to pull pieces that I thought I might wanna use on this layout. Once I did that I thought, well maybe I should get the background started. I was doing everything backwards with this layout, lol.
I pulled a few papers and decided I wanted this layout to be centered across the middle of the page. I chose the papers I wanted and went to arranging them the way I wanted. I changed it a  few times, but decided on the cute little animals in the back bottom layer. I wanted the stripes, I love pattern, so I knew I wanted that paper as well, but there needed to be a little break between the two busy layers, so I grabbed the teal tone on tone paper and added a strip of that between the layers and stuck it down and ruffled up the edges of them before I moved on.

Ok so I have the background done and had my photos with there layers, so I added 3D adhesive behind those and placed them to the right of the layout, since my son was facing the left in one photo and straight on in the other. 
So now I had my photos where I wanted them and knew I could start embellishing and that's what I did. I soo wanted to use that cute little dino with his cute little party hat on, so I tucked him under my photo to the left, added a cake and some balloons and moved on to adding cupcakes to the right of my photos and some little hearts. I loved the sayings on the stickers and ephemera pieces so I decided to pop some of those in there as well. I added two tabs at the top of my photo cluster and then went for the title. I love, love , love Bellas acrylic words and this made my title extremely easy! I added it and then added boy on top of the acrylic Birthday word, with some of the Illustrated Faith homespum alpha stickers. Popped a few of the star stickers from the sticky mix sheet and that was it for this layout!

Wish Big boy collection: 
Dinotastic paper, Blow them out paper, Boarders paper, Mack a wish paper, Happy birthday paper
Ephemera words, ephemera, Ciao chip icons, Sticky mix cardstock stickers
Acrylic word: Birthday
Illustrated Faith: Homespun cardstock stickers: Bananas for you



No comments:

Post a Comment