Friday, June 16, 2017

This is me 12x12 layout - Fairytale club DT

Good morning everyone!! 
I'm here this morning to share with you a layout I made about myself. I don't scrapbook myself very often, but I am trying to get more in the habit of it, so that my kids have these layouts when there older. I want them to know that I loved crafting, that I was goofy and playful.  So that's the direction I went with this layout.


I started out with my photo. I picked a goofy one that was snapped when were were on an outing. I knew I loved that paper with the script writing on it and I loved what was said on it, so I used that for the larger portion of my background. I was also attempting to not use a lot of white cardstock, this is something I have been challenging myself to do and with all these pretty papers its a bit easier for me! lol I grabbed a strip of the paper that looks like it was colored and used one of my boarder punches to add a little bit of scalloping to one side of the paper and then of course I had to add a little white cardstock off to the left of the layout.


 Once I got the background down the way I wanted, I started going threw the ephemera I had and pulled thing out I knew I wanted to use on this layout. I did grab a doily from my stash too to slide behind the photo on the right. When I realized I was going to do that, I cut out a pretty little floral to put on the left hand side of my layout out for a little more balance. I wanted a little more color over on the left since there was so much while, so I grabbed that bright Hello wood paper clip and stuck it under my photo.
I went back and started layering the bits and pieces on the right hand side. I shuffled them around a few times and decided I was happy with where they were and started to adhere them down. I did pop my photo up on 3d adhesive and then added a little under that cute little poodles head too. I punched out a unicorn from one of the papers and layered it in there too.


I wanted a little to the far right side of the layout and I love love love that cute little lipstick, so I added the tag that said Create and popped the lipstick up and layered it on top. Then I went to the bottom of the layout and layered another unicorn, popped up on a piece of ephemera and then added some pretty sequins around the layout. Then I added the title, with the pretty gold puffy stickers. I didnt want to journal on the front of this layout, so I added a little card on the back an journaled a little for my kiddos.
This kit is just so pretty!!And so easy to play with! Thanks for stopping by to check out this layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment