Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The cold never bothered be anyways/ Hip Kit CT Layout


Good morning everyone!! It is finally getting cold here so its been a blast to work with this months kits and last years pictures!

I made this layout using the sketch that Ashley Horton created for one of the challenges on the Hip kit club forums

This here is my take on that great sketch. And to be honest the title was my hubbies suggestion lol. Our girls love Frozen and it popped into his head and it stuck and ended up as the title.lol. Along with this sketch challenge I thought I would challenge myself to use a colored cardstock background. Now to some of you this may not seem hard, but I dont stray much from my white background, it feels weird. And this wasnt any different but I loved the color of this pretty cardstock, Lollipop, even the name is fun!


So I turned to my Silhouette and grabbed Nicole Nowosad and Ashley Hortons cut files and started to play to see what I was going to do for the background. And then when I needed to fill the circles I automatically went for that Pink Fresh Studio paper. I love that little penguin!!  And thought it would work as its own little embellishment. Along with that little cute deer. So I started backing my paper with pieces of that Pink fresh studio paper, then I stared to sew little snow flakes and the print and cut files from Kim watson, to the page.


I backed my photo of my youngest daughter with Kims exclusive papers and then started to add puffy stickers and those pretty pretty glittered silver foam stickers, also exclusive to this kit! I added little thread messes behind some of the embellishment clusters and then remembered I had those My minds eye enamel dots and had to add some of those too! Like on the cute little deers bow,lol. 



To finish off my layout I grabbed my white acrylic paint, because at the moment Im out of my while mist, add some water to it and splattered it around my layout.
Thanks for stopping by my blog to check my layout out. Head over to the Hip Kit Blog and check out what all the other ladies have made with the kits from November and then head over to facebook and look up the Hip Kit group, come join in on great chats and fun challenges with chances to win!!


No comments:

Post a Comment