Thursday, April 14, 2016

Hip Kit Club / Captured / Creative with cards

I'm not big on journanling on my layout. One, I don't like my handwriting really and two, I don't always like to share what I'm writing. So a lot of the time I'll write on the back of the layout, then I'm not so ify about my handwriting messing up the layout, thats how I see it sometimes, or I don't journal at all. Do some of yall feel this way or do this too?


I love this month kits, they are amazing!!! You can go soft and light like I did here or you can go bold and bright, which I did on another layout that I'll share later. I made this layout in honor of Friendship week, so heres me and my goofy best friend! lol
I used +AmericanCrafts  white cardstock and the White vellum from the Cardstock kit,  I used the white for the base and my vellum behind my photos, then I grabbed that beautiful Maggie Holmes, Bloom, Flutter paper from the main kit and this was really the only patterned paper I used on this layout,lol.
I fussy cut quite a few of the pretty little butterflies out, I knew when I saw it the 1st time I was going to do that lol, they're just to pretty! I grabber that Heidi Swapp frame from the Embellishment kit because the light pink matched well with the butterflies. It also gave me a good way to keep a vertical line going on my layout like I wanted.


Like I was saying in the beginning, I want to journal on my layouts a lot of the time but don't like my handwriting or I don't want to share what I'm writing, well lucky for me I got the Project life kit, with the amazing exclusive project life cards created by DT member Kim Watson. So I decided to get a little creative with the project life cards, keep the vertical line going and cover my journaling in a pretty way. Not only that but I also got to play with another pretty card Kim made, but I cut the butterfly out, did my journaling and layered it with a few of the butterflies I had cut out. 


I know I shared my journaling here a bit but this is a great way to have your journaling on your page but keep it hid and hide it pretty. lol 
Well to finish off my layout I wanted to add some of the other side of the Bloom paper, flutter, the wood grain, love it by the way. I wanted to add a little texture to the page but keep it soft so I cut 1x1 and 1/2 inch squares out and placed them along the side of the layout and then sewed them down and ruffled them up a bit. I added the acetate Pinkfresh Studio word form the Main kit, sewed it too, then added some of the pretty yellow coloringz by Shimmerz, No yolking, from the Color Kit and that was the end of it.

I would love for you to come back and check out my blog again and make sure to head over to Hip Kit Clubs face book page and blog to check out whats going on there!



1 comment:

  1. What a fun layout! I love the butterfly journaling!

    ReplyDelete