Monday, April 25, 2016

Hip Kit Club/ Awesome Layout and cards For the boys


Hey everyone, I've been a little MIA lately. I got my layout posted last week but that was about it. We've had some stuff going on in our family and I have had no mojo. Anyways....
Well this week I used the beautiful April 2016 Hip Kits. I know these kits are so bright and springy, but I thought it would work great for some pictures I got of our youngest son this last winter. It matched hit yellow coat, lol. And I love the way it turned out!
I usually go with a cardstock background but this time I grabbed  the Just Dream-Horizon patterned paper from the Main Kit, that is a Hip kit club exclusive created by Kim Watson. That was my starting point, then from the main kit I also grabbed the Elle's Studio-little moments-my favorite and used that for the bottom half of the page and then another patterned paper by Kim Watson-Just Dream- MoonStruck. These were the base of my layout.


I did use some American Crafts white cardstock from the cardstock kit to cut out Ashley Hortons-Awesome April cutfile. I did a bit of stitching to add a little texture and because I love to sew on my layouts,lol. I backed my pics with the white cardstock as well, placed them down where I wanted them and started to embellish. 
I grabbed the Pinkfresh Studio-Life Noted- Acetate die cut word, Awesome for my title. I made sure to sew sew threw that over my cutfile. Then I grabbed the Shimelle-StarShine- Ephemera pack and started layering those pieces around my pictures. To finish it off I added one of the Pinkfresh Studio rubber charms, I love those!! Both, the Shimelle and Pinkfresh Studio items came from the main kit.


Then, again its been a rough week here with our family so I made some cards to stick in my boys lunch boxes and let them know that I was thinking about them and that we love them. Just a little note.


I grabbed Kim Watson-Just Dream- MoonStruck and Horizon papers from the main kit for the start of my "hello love" card. I added a small strip of American Crafts white cardstock across the front after adding my tag and a clear sticker from the Shimelle-Starshine-cardstock and acetate stickers from the Embellishment kit. I did grab a Shimelle-Starshine-phrase and letter sticker from the Project Life Kit then stitched everything down.


For the second cards, I started out with American Crafts White cardstock for the base. Then I cut strips of patterned papers from Kim watson-Just Dream-Horizon, Elle's Studio- Little Moments- My favorite and Details all from the main kit. I grabbed a piece of the American crafts-Butter-cardstock from the cardstock kit, along with white vellum and cut a little banner and circle for layering on the front of the card. Then I placed the out of this worls cardstock piece from Shimelle-starshine- cardstock and acetate pieces from the main kit on the layers and then grabbed the Hip Kit club exclusive acrylic stars from the embellishment kit and finished off my layout.

I hope you liked my layout and cards. I had fun creating them and love the fact that these kits can be so versatile!! Make sure to check out Hip Kits facebook page, Instagram, blog, pintrest and the Hip Kit youtube channel for more inspiration on a constant. 
Make sure to come back later this week for another project that I will have up!!



No comments:

Post a Comment