Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Up on the Birds of a feather blog today with the technique Tuesday!

Good Morning all!! Hope the beginning of your week is treating you good!
Well I'm here today with a little technique playing with distress inks.  Now I didn't come up with this by any means, I actually saw Adele Toomey or Inkie Quill but I thought it was a great way to play with distress inks, a kind of mixed media I guess.
I'm not huge into mixed media, I like it, but I think I'm more scared of it than anything lol. I'm kinda intimidated of it, but I'm trying to change that.
So this is what I started with:
I grabbed 3 of my favorite distress inks at the moment, a card and some little sponges. I started with one color and eventually blended them all three together.
When I'm happy with the way it looks I grab a water bottle I keep in my scrap room and get some on the tips of my fingers and flick and splash it over the ink. You can do as much or as little as you'd like.

I let this set for a minute or so and then I take a paper towel and lay it over the top of the card, press down and then pull it off.
It looks like this after. It pulls the ink out and I love the way it looks. To me it looks like it gives it texture but when you run your hand over it there's no difference. Now if your not happy with it, you want more? Just do it again. I play with it till I'm happy.
So here is my card. I used a few things from the kit and a few things from my stash. I was happy with the way this card turned out. I also made this card for Jen T.s card sketch challenge. You can click there or you can find it in the forums and play along if you'd like. There are other challenges going on there too!! There all fun to play along with, so hope to see you over there in the forums and hope you enjoyed my card and the technique I shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment