Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Mermaid canvas / Pretty little Studios DT

Good morning scrappy ladies, (and gents). I hope your week is going good, its Wednesday so its almost the weekend!! I'm sharing a canvas today that I created with mostly the treasure Island collection.
My little girls LOVE mermaids and decided that that was what they wanted their room to be decorated in. So I started playing with some of this collection to add into whats going on there gallery wall.


I wanted some texture to the canvas so I added some masking tape and played with water colors that went with this collection and the colors in my daughters room. Once I had that dried I pulled out a few of those beautiful 6in and 4in doilies.


I cut the pretty little mermaid out of a journaling card, layered it on top of another one with the title I wanted and added more paper layers behind it, I popped it up with dimensional adhesive and placed it where I wanted it.


I love the paper that looks like water so I cut a few strips from it and layered them on the bottom to look like the ocean and popped some of those layers up as well. To finish everything off I added some word stickers and a few water color splatters.

Pretty little Studio products used:


No comments:

Post a Comment