Monday, August 14, 2023

Pineapple Cards | Cut Cardstock Dt

Good morning everyone!! How are you this monday? I hope your week is starting good! I wanted to hop on this morning to share a few new cards with you that I did. I couldn't help but use this cute pineapple stamp from Concord & 9th. I loved the fact that I could add so much color to it! And I did just that!
I chose the Cougar Smooth White cardstock for my card bases along with what I chose to stamp on. This paper just seems to be able to take the ink from the stamp, along with alcohol markers and distress oxides too. I stamped both pineapples and thought I would try something different with each of them. The one that ended up on the yellow was done with distress oxide inks and I love the way the colors turned out, kind of a bit fall-ish looking, to me at least. To finish that cards I grabbed some of my Light Yellow cardstock, ran it through my sizzix with a embossing folder and then rubbed one of my distress oxides across the raised parts and then cut an circle in it large enough pop my pineapple up in and added my hello sentiment banner and moved on to my next card.
I figured with the first card, it looking fall-ish that I would continue on with that on this card but in different colors. So, I pulled out my alcohol markers and went to coloring in pretty light pinks, purples and some maroons and a bit of a different green too. Since I had went this route with it, I had the perfect purple in my stash to use. I grabbed my Hydrangea purple, ran it through my sizzix as well, cut a circle in it and popped up my pineapple, added my sentiment and called them done!
I hope you enjoyed these cards and I hope you come back to get some more crafty insperation!

No comments:

Post a Comment