Thursday, June 23, 2022

What if I fall... | Clique kits DT

Hey everyone!! Ok, so this year has been about trying new things for me. And I'm still doing that and really liking it. I started my year choosing the word Freedom. Its freedom to create, play and try new things. So this week I tried something I got from clique kits and had never used before, the add-on kit - Pleiades. Its Lindy's magicals and they are amazing!! I had never tried them before, but I am happy that I did now and I can see myself playing with them quite a bit in the future. I also used the Sampler kit - Butterfly Whispers. There is so much to this kit in the first place, but the fact that it's all so stinking cute!!
I opened up my mixed media journal, or at least what I'm usings as on lol. I added a layer of clear gesso. Once that was dry I pulled out the Magical powders and started to sprinkle them on the right page here and there. When I started this, I thought I was only going to do one page, but that's not how it turned out. I just had to much fun. Once I had the powder sprinkled around, I started to spritz it with my water and the colors came to life! I used Galactic Teal first, thinking I wanted the page closest to the middle to be dark, but then I started to sprinkle the Martian Magenta around and it was sooooo pretty. I started to sprinkle it on the other page too to see what I could do with it. I like the variations in color across the pages. I played and tilted the book to see it run.
I decided to let that dry a little while I played with fuddy cutting out a few things and going through the embellishment packs that came with the kit. So many things to chose from. But the piece that said what if I fall? What if I fly? really stood out to me in the moment, so I grabbed it and pulled the other things that felt right to me. After I picked those things I decided that I wanted to add some yellow, because come on, that UFO Yellow in the Lindy's magicals was too good not to be used. I mixed it with a few different mediums so that I could get some opacity to it. I wanted it to sit on top of the other colors. End the end I went with clear gesso and a little bit of white paint and it worked for what I wanted. I grabbed my pallet knife, picked some of the color up with it and scrapped it across my pages in a few places.
Once I let that start to dry I started to add the What if piece where I wanted it and then moved on to the little cuties, butterflies and that bear!! I printed off a few words from my printer to go in fandom spots on my spread. I cut them out and doodled black lines around them. Once I had all those down I decided to pull out some of my paint pens.
I used a few sizes of white paint pens and my gold one too. I kinda went a little crazy with it. lol. I copied some of the shapes from papers in the kit and then added some little dots in clusters and some small line strokes. I chose to outline some of the shapes too. I actually had so much fun with this. It's a first time thing, but I didn't feel any stress when I was playing with this and it ended up double the size I started out thinking I was going to do lol. I hope you enjoyed this and it would be great to see what yall are doing with your kits too! Make sure to tag us on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment