Friday, April 19, 2019

LIfe is good cards - Bella Blvd DT

Good morning everyone!
So I made some cards with the Home sweet home collection to share with you today, and I lost them!!! I'm in the process of moving and have other people helping me and someone packed my scrappy goodness! So I was frantically going threw boxes trying to find them and I finally did!!
I have to say I'm not a huge card maker, so most of mine are pretty simple, but I still think there pretty. I actually made them for people that have been helping me fix up my new house and helping me move in. That made it much easier for me to make them too.
I made all three of these out of one sheet of paper and some of the embellishment that go along with the Home sweet home collection, with a few heart hugs added in.
I started with this card, I loved the teal color so I chose that as my background. It actually said Friends are our chosen family, but I covered that up with the opposite side of the patterned paper. I grabbed both the ephemera words and the ephemera icons, pilled out the hearts and layered them on. I ruffled up the edge of the paper the hearts were on, drew some lines to make it look like stitching and then grabbed that AMAZING rainbow washi tape and added some to the top and bottom of the card for some more color and moved on to my next card.
I added lines to the edge of this card as well, kinda wanted to keep that theme going since I had already started it on the other card. I loved the little houses and because I'm giving these to people that have been helping me in my move, I thought they were great. I covered the words on the card with a cute scalloped sticker from the Doohicky sticker sheet, and I love that, Doohicky :), and then added the together is our favorite place to be sticker and ruffled those edges up as well.

  I thought the trees on here were already cute, but wanted to add some of the mini heart hugs and the regular heart hugs, so I layered two of the hearts, after peeling the sentiments off, and turned them in to some trees and added some of the enamel dots to the other tree for some more color.
Then onto my last card for this week. I layered some of the papers together, I love all of  the patterns in this collection so much by the way and I hope you do too!! There so bright and playful so are some many of the other new collection!!

After layering the papers I pulled some of the houses out of the ephemera icons and the ciao chip icons, wanted to keep with the house theme and hearts. So I added two of the houses, one was a chipboard piece, a little dimension, and  ephemera piece. I found the so thankful piece in the ephemera words and cut the ends to look like pennants, popped it up on some foam adhesive. Layered two hearts behind it, I loved that the yellow heart had a little heart on it too, made it feel like I was adding a third heart. I stuck them down and started to ruffle up the edges like I did on the other cards and added the lines to look like stitching and was done, nothing left to do but add my writing on the inside and send them to the people I made them for! 
Thanks for stopping by yo see what I came up with today. If cards aren't really your thing, try to push yourself and see what you can come up with, even if there something easy like this. There still hand made and the people that receive them will love them and know you took the time to make it just for them!
Home Sweet Home Collection: Daily Details patterned paper, Ephemera words, Ephemera Icons, Ciao Chip Icons, Doohicky sticker sheet
Designer washi tape: Raindow
Mini Heart Hugs: Sentiments
Heart Hugs: Sunshine





 

No comments:

Post a Comment