Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Hip Kit Club CT/ You spin me right round

Hello everyone, hope your weeks been going good. Now mine is going great since I've gotten my February Hip Kits!!!! There fan-freaking-tastic!!

I grabber this picture of my youngest son, from back when he was only 2, oh so long ago! He was out on the back deck with me playing on his sit and spin. It wasn't an amazing picture op or anything special like a bday party or anything but he was just so sweet sitting there with his shaggy hair and cute little laugh. So I snapped more pics then were needed and chose these two to scrap for this layout. I used Ashley Hortons sketch for this layout that she put up on theHip Kit facebook group for this weeks challenge. Her sketch was so great, I can see me using it over and over.


I stick more in the blue tones for this layout, pulling from the Pink Paislee C'est La Vie papers in the main kit with a little pop of bright yellow from the same collection. I did a bit of embellishing from the Pink Paislee C'est La Vie ephemera pack and the pretty 01 paper with all the pretty cut apart pieces. I loved the little bit of yellow around the photo but wanted a bit more, so I grabbed my Shimelle Starshine chipboard stickers from the embellishment kit 


I grabbed some embroidery floss from my stash, a variegated black to light grey and stitched my circles onto my page and to finish the whole thing off, I grabbed my Prima water color pencils from Octobers color kit  and splattered it across the page. 
I hope you enjoyed this layout and I hope you get the chance to grab this months kit and make sure to check out next months kit too!! So beautiful and oh yeah there are some great exclusives in the March kit!! Make sure to check them out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment