Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Play layout with Fringe! | CutCardstock DT

Good morning everyone!! How are you this morning?? I hope all if well where you are. Well today I wanted to share a new layout with yall. I decided to play with diecuts and fringe!! I had so much fun with this!!
My mom came up to hang out and we decided to sit and play with some dies she had got, that I didnt have and I loved the Tim Holtz, Funky Insects dies and thought I would try and play with them. I pulled two purple(Hydrangea Purple, Grape Jelly) cardstocks, two pinks (Shimmer Fruit Punch,Strawberry Cream), a yellow (Light yellow), blue (Surf) and of course white(Cougar Smooth Cardstick) for my base and some die cuts.
When I went to assembling the diecut buggies lol, I pulled out some of my distressed oxides and added a little color to the edges, adheared them together lightly and then ran them through my sewing machine.
When I was making my bugs, I had went through my scrap bucket and pulled some patterned papers that went along with my cardstock colors. I cut some little pieces out for my bugs and then made sure I had enough to make long and short fringe with. I cut my fringe and started to play with where I wanted it on the layout. When I figured that out, I started adhering it down. I cut another scrap, white woodgrain, popped it up on foam adhesive and added it to the top of my fringe so that it had a more finished look and a little shelf for my photo to sit, along with my title.
I added a little paper behind my photo and popped it up on some foam adhesive too and placed it to the top right of my layout, sitting on that little shelf. I added my title, plain and simple, Play. Then came the fun!! I got to start tucking my little bugs in here and there. Sticking out from under the fringe and up by my photo. This was a fun layout and I love the way that the cardstock takes the ink and can be played with. Make sure to head over to the CutCardstock shop and check out all the beautiful papers, regular cardstock, shimmer cardstock and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment