Monday, March 13, 2023

Happy Easter Cards | Cut Cardstock Design Team

Hello everyone!! Sarah here today, with my first post for the Cut Cardstock team. I have to be honest, as soon as I got my DT package I started to play with everything! I wanted to see how the cardstock did with stamping, die cutting and with my oxide inks. I started with stamping on the Cougar Smooth Cardstock in white. I played with Archival ink first, it stamped so good and didn't even go through the paper. I liked that. I kind of went a little overboard stamping, along with die cutting things out lol.
I stamped all my little bunnies with the Archival ink, then thought I would color them in using my distressed oxides. Really, this is probably my favorite way to add some color to my stamps. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the cardstock took the amount of water and the amount of times I went over it. At this point I knew I was going to be making some cute little easter cards so I cut more of the Cougar smooth cardstock down and made my card bases. I splattered cold paint on some, stamped with other inks and just had fun with it.
This card, I cut an oval frame out of the same cardstock as my card bases, popped it up with some dimensional adhesive and started playing with the flowers I had cut out. I used Pink Tutu, Shimmer Fruit Punch, Hydrangea Purple, Grape Jelly, Jelly Bean Green, Galax Olive Green and light yellow on just this card. I used all these on this card and the rest of the cards I made, along with Surf and Aqua added in as well. Before I started to put all of my flowers together after die cutting them out, I grabbed distressed oxides from my stash the went along with the cardstock colors I was using and inked the edges to add some depth to the flowers. I sat here and did this forever. I don't know about you, but there are times I just love to die cut and ink. Its relaxing for me. I tucked my little bunny in and started placing my flowers and leaves here and there, until I I was happy with the way the card looked. And to finish it I added the Hello to the top.
I did pretty much the same thing here on this card, except that I decided to add a background stamp and gold splatters. I decided to use a few different colored flowers in this one and had my bunny sit on the edge of the frame too. I also decided to add Happy Easter to the top of this one.
Now this one I decided not to add a frame, I played with the flowers a bit more and ended up having them hang off the edge of the card, then I trimmed the overhang off. I also thought I would add 2 bunnies, instead of one. Along with the gold splatters and my Happy easter on the top.
On my last card, I decided to emboss a piece of the white cardstock and place it on half of my card, add a strip of pink where the embossed piece and smooth cardstock met. I then cut out a circle for my bunny to sit on and had the flowers radiating out from around it. I placed my Hello below my bunny and that was it for these cards. I hope you enjoyed these and you can always head over to the Cut Cardstock Facebook page and the new Creating with cardstock group.

No comments:

Post a Comment