Friday, December 23, 2022

Good Cheer Layout | Clique kits DT

Hello everyone!! I wanted to pop on here this morning and share a new layout I made using the beautiful Miracle on 34th street kit. This kit is just so pretty and has so many bits and pieces to it! I picked out my photos of me and one of my girls, printed them in a photo strip and then cut it apart because I decided I wanted to do something different.
I have some garland around the house and I liked the look of it being draped around, so I thought I would kind of treat my photos the same way. And of course, add a bunch of pretty pieces. I lightly drew a curved line on my white cardstock, laid my photos out and then started digging through my kit.
I pulled a bunch of ephemera out, fussy cut some things out and then ran some paper through my sizzix and then started to play with where I wanted things. When I finally decided where I wanted things, I tacked them down lightly with my tape runner. Then I dug back in to all the things I had pulled out, to see if there was more that I wanted to add. And of course there was.
I pulled out the stickers from the kit and decided I wanted to add a frame to one of my photos. At this point I decided to run my layout through my sewing machine. Making sure everything I already put down was secure and then I moved on to the things I had die cut. I tucked some of the longer branches under some of my photos and then added some of my holly leaves along the line I had sewn. I pulled out the self adhesive brads and added some of them here and there. And then moved on to my title.
I pulled out some of the stickers, words and that cute banner piece. I fussy cut a few word strips from one of the papers and added it too. Tucking a few of the holly leaves to one side and adding one of the longer foliage to the other side. I didn't like that my layout had nothing at the top of bottom, so I decided to cut a strip from one of my papers and use my fringe scissors on it and add it to the top of my layout. I wanted a little something more, so I went and dug through my stash and found some of my sequins from past Clique kits and sprinkled them around my layout. And that finished this layout for me. I hope you enjoyed this layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment