Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Scrap basket scrappin | TPC Magazine

Good morning everyone, Sarah back here today. I'm wondering, do you have a scrap basket? Bucket, folder or something of the sorts? I know there are a lot of people, including myself, that keep scraps from projects, thinking I'll use them later. But how many of you actually do? In my basket I have scrap paper, vellum, bits and pieces of ephemera thats I've cut and used along with the leftovers from ephemera packs, stickers and things like that. I have to admit that I don't use it like I should. It just keeps building up more and more, to where it gets a bit out of hand. This is when I usually break down and use it lol. I know I should use it more and I am hoping to keep myself on track doing that. But what about you? Or do you think you can really create anything with it?
This right here, is a layout I made using nothing but things out of my scrap basket. Ok, OK I forgot I used a stamp in there and a little mixed media, but all the papers, stickers and embellishments are all from my scrap basket. I really wanted to make something with my leftovers and it really was getting out of hand, so before I dove in I grabbed a few pictures and then went to sorting through. I went through and organized the papers by size, to see what I was dealing with. I only had a few papers long enough to go the length of a 12x12 layout, so I picked the one I thought would work the best. Then I started pulling papers that I liked together. Some already having circles punched out of them, but I figured I could used them.
I had decided where I wanted my pictures, added a little mixed media on the background. I went with something that matched some of the papers I had pulled, along with some of the embellishments. Then I went to laying down my papers and seeing if I could figure out how to get it where I liked it. No matter what, I had to like it when it was done.
  I layered papers on the left side of my layout until I liked the way it looked, then moved on the the right side to even things out a bit. Then I started adding some of the ephemer that I had pulled from my basket, like the frame around one of my pictures, other pieces of chipboard, and word stickers. At that point it really didn't take long to finish up this layout. 
I actually really had a fun time making this layout. It was interesting to work with all the things that really didn't go together and see how it turned out. On top of that, I also got to use up some things that had been sitting around for awhile. So what about you? Like I asked before, do you have a scrap bucket/basket that's just sitting there begging to be used?

No comments:

Post a Comment