Saturday, November 26, 2022

Halloween Layout | Clique Kits International DT

OK, I know. Thanksgiving just happened and I'm still sharing halloween layouts lol. But I don't think I ever scrapbook in order of season or holiday lol. Are there others out there like me? lol I used the Happy halloween seasonal kit for this layout and I love this kit! It's chalk full of Fancy Pants pretties!
I really started this layout with the arrangement of my pictures. I decided I wanted to print them out in a photo strip, then backed them with a thing white mat. I love dots, so I grabbed the orange dotted paper and cut a thick strip for the top of my layout and thinner one of the bottom of my layout. This gave me somewhere to base my photos and have a jumping off point.
I pulled bits and pieces of paper from my kit and started cutting strips of different sizes to add behind my photos. I really didn't measure anything, just cut them and slid them behind my pictures to see how it would work and I liked it so I kept them. I had also pulled out some of the ephemera, chose a few tabs and tags and slid them in there with the paper layers too.
I had more ephemera that I could embellish with, but I decided to fussy cut some of the little skulls out and then run some of the papers through my sizzix and make some layered flowers. I had fun playing with that lol. I had so many options for layering them. Once I got the flowers layered like I wanted, I moved on to placing them around my layout. I started with the left side of my photostrip andthen decided to add somemore up to the top right of my photo strip too.
I liked the way it was coming together, but I thought it still needed a little something at the bottom right, but I also wanted to make sure there was room for my journaling. So, I went through my papers and grabbed this cute huge cat, with the little kids riding on its back and decided to fussy cut it out and use it as an embellishment. I had more flowers left but when I was playing with them and the cat, it seemed like a little too much and went into the area that I wanted to use for journaling.
I went ahead and added my journaling that I had already printed out and called this layout done. I hope you liked this and I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment