Monday, July 11, 2022

Nope Not Today Layout | Clique Kits DT

Good morning everyone! I hope your weekend was good! Well today I wanted to share a new layout with you using the Sampler kit, The Good Stuff. Its chock full of beautiful Simple Stories products and I love it!! This kit has so many cut a parts, if that's the way you want to go, if not then there is the full patterned papers on the other side. So Many options!
I use to only scrap the good, happy things, but I thought that's not real life. There are bad or sad things that happen too. Well, a few weeks ago we were out playing and my daughter wiped out on her scooter. She handled it so well though. She sat down and cleaned it up, rested for a few minutes and was back at it. I was proud of her. And I guess this wasn't only sad or anything, like I said she handled it well.
Well to the layout lol, I pulled out The Good Stuff kit and started pulling papers that I thought I might want to use, so all of them! lol But I went through and pulled ones that I thought went well with what I was scrapbooking and telling the story about. First I saw the one that said Nope. And the fact that it had room for journaling, it was perfect! I liked the floral one too, but wanted something else added to it. So, I grabbed those and a few others, but decided when I laid them out that I only really wanted the two cards and to back my my photos with white cardstock.
I had set them up in a grid or square on my layout and decided it was just too much white. There needed to be some more color behind everything. So back to my papers and I found the adorable paper with peaches on it. I decided to use it, other than it was cute, she was a peach about the whole deal, she handled it so well, so I thought it was fitting lol. Plus really it's cute! I added the peach paper to the background and ran it through my sewing machine, this way it was in place and I was really starting lol. I laid my pictures and cards back and thought it needed something more, so I grabbed a scrap piece of the dotted paper and added it too and ran it through my sewing machine.
After I had my jumping off point on my page, I started to stick down my cards and photos. I took another scrap and added it behind the bottom left cut a part and then started sewing again. I like the look of the stitching. I had already ran my journaling card through my printer, so that was done and able to be sewn on. But I made sure to leave a little space at the top of my journaling card to be able to slide a tag in and add a little more info for her, when she gets older. A little note from momma ay know lol
At this point I needed to pull some ephemera and add little bits here and there to finish off my layout. I pulled out my ephemera and of course had to add some flowers, but I love that there was a little banner that said nope not today to add to my bottom left card. I also cut out a label from one of the cut a parts and added it then added some more stitching. I added a little circle with a heart on it and a sticker to the picture of her little knee. I pulled out the enamel dots and added them here and there and my layout was done. I hope you enjoyed this layout and make sure to head to the shop and check out all the new goodies in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment