Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hip Kit CT/ Happy Moments

Good morning everyone! I hope all is well with you all!
I've had a ruff few days here, sick kids and hubby. But I did get a chance to jump back into my December Hip kit and make a layout.


I loved this Studio Calico, Goldie paper as soon as I saw it. The first thing I did to it was adding stitching along the lines and separating all the triangles. I had already decided what picture I wanted to use and that I wanted it in the center of the page, do I added a few sewn circles to where I knew it would be under the picture and any layering I was going to do.
I grabbed a the pretty fountain blue American Crafts card stock from the card stock kit and ran it threw my Silhouette, using one of Nicole Nowosads cut files from this month. I threw a piece of the white vellum from the card stock kit on there as well and cut some pretty little snow flakes out, with another of Nicole's cut files from last month.



I also used Kim Watsons print and cut for this months kit to add a little layering and bits and pieces here and there.  I thought these were just gorgeous! The colors matched perfectly, just like they always do! And they were so cute! I loved the Hiya Life one, I just had to use it.


I used some of the white card stock from the card stock kit, ran it threw my silhouette using another of Nicoles cut files and placed the frame around my picture, along with the one with stars cut out of it. That was the majority of this layout, its really quite simple but I love it. I added a few pieces of paper from the Maggie Holmes Shine 6x6 paper pad that was in embellishment kit and one of Kim Watsons project life cards she created for this kit. I use Kims PL card as my title, Happy moments. Because this was a fun day for us. It was our youngest daughters 1st time building a snow man, or helping lol and she loved it and loved the snow.


The rest of  the kids had a blast too, they love the snow! There a bit disappointed that we haven't had any yet this year lol. I did use Missy Whiddens technique of putting messy bunches of thread around the layout, in the little clusters I made.

Well I really hope you enjoyed this layout and head over to the Hip kit blog to see what the other ladies have created with this fantastic kit!! And please feel free to subscribe to my page so you dont miss anything!! 

Thanks so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment