Monday, November 29, 2021

Hello Fall | Clique kits

Good morning everyone! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and a good weekend to rest! I had a blast with my family. We even got to have some down time! This layout has caught some of our down time too lol. My youngest got stuffed and passed out in the couch in what we call a turkey coma lol. And of course I had to get some pictures and she just looks so content. I also loved the mood board this month and thought I would draw some inspiration from it as well. It all just looked so warm and cozy and the colors were beautiful. I didn't use everything but I definitely drew inspiration from it.So I am going to share the mood board below just in case you haven't seen it and hope that it inspires you too!
I started with the cut file first and foremost with this layout. I had found it in the Clique kits shop and knew I wanted to use it and I knew I wanted it to be big. While that was cutting out I had to decide on the colors for this layout and having the mood board helped with that.
Once I had chosen the papers I wanted to use, I knew there was going to be a lot of fussy cutting, and there was! But it was worth it to me! Once the cut file was done and before I backed it I pulled out my distressed oxide in speckled egg, smudged it on a piece of plastic and watered it down. Then painted the white cut file with it, then backed the cut file.
I knew I wasn't going to have a ton on this layout, so I decided to pop my cut file up so I could add some dimension and be able to slide the fussy cut flowers underneath here and there. At this point I hadn't stuck anything down, So, I moved to my photo and adding some layers behind that. I didn't want to add to many layers but I wanted to draw attention to it so I decided to add a few tags.
Once I had the layers done, I played with where I wanted everything sitting on my layout and after that was decided it was down to tucking those cute little flowers in here and there all over! I did decided to slid the picture of my daughter inder the edge of the hello fall cut file so that it was a continuous running line between the cut file and the photo. I really loved tucking all those pretty flowers behind the cut file and around the photo, these papers are just to beautiful! And I love the feel of comfiness and fall without being too fally. I hope you enjoyed this layout and I hope you get the chance to play with these kits. There are a lot of other papers in these kits, along with tons of fun embellishments that are more in the fall colors, but I decided to go a little different route with it. Make sure to go check out the shop and see all the new pretties that have come and make sure to check out the pre-order section too!

No comments:

Post a Comment