Friday, August 28, 2020

So crazy awesome layout

Good morning everyone!! Yesterday was a major rainy day. Ya know, just a little flooding. lol Its still raining today, but power is back on and school is in session for the littles. So hopefully that means a little more scrapping time, we will see.


I had fun with this layout though. I really didn't use a lot on it. And I actually used a colored background. I so rarely do that lol. I honestly wasn't planning on using white acrylic paint to start out with on this layout, but after pulling all my scraps from the Addison collection, using my die cutting machine to cut all these circles, there was a lot of color and it just looked like it needed a little something else on the background.


I laid everything out and I was just having an issues with nothing but blue in the background. So I pulled out some white acrylic and started dry brushing it across the center of the background, from the top to the bottom. I like that effect that dry brushing had on the background. It didn't cover it all, but left it a little wore looking. 


I didnt let the paint dry all the way, a bit impatient lol. So I started laying things back where I had them before, popping some of the circles up with foam adhesive to add a little dimension. I started stuffing some of the cute feather ephemera here and there.


I love the little messy look of the thread that Missy does, so I thought it would be a nice touch, adding a little more texture to the page. I also added in some black splatters. I thought I was don't at this point, but it was missing something. I just wasn't happy with it. So I grabbed some of the paper strips I had left over and started layering them on the left of the layout, tucked a circle or two, added some thread and a few tabs and that finished it for me.

I know I'm not amazing at walking through my process here lol, I feel repetitive a lot of the time, but I guess thats just me lol

I hope you liked this layout, you can check it out over on my facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/scrappinmylittleroyals 
this page is just scrappy related things and Id love to see y'all over there and hopefully Ill get some process videos up soon on my youtube channel!





No comments:

Post a Comment