Friday, April 6, 2018

Hey Girl Hey, water color fun/Bella Blvd DT

Good morning everyone!!
 I'm here this morning to share with you a fun little mixed media project I made with Bella Blvd/Illustrated Faith water colors. These paints are beautiful and easy to work with, the colors blend so well and the colors are so bright!
I started my project with a circle cork wall hanging, I covered it in white acrylic paint, once that dried I used a stencil from my stash and some modeling paste and added some little doilies around the circle.
I let the doilies dry and pulled out Shanna's Favorites acrylic paints. I spritzed the whole thing with water, I grabbed the pretty, pretty pink and started adding it here and there on the cork circle, spritzing more water over the paint and tilting it here and there and letting the water run and drag the color over more parts. I went threw and did this with the dark blue and the teal as well. I loved watching it blend between the colors, blending some places into purple and bringing out the doilies on the background. 
After letting the the cork circle dry, I pulled out All people All Nations and started layering pretty papers behind my photo and fussy cutting some flowers and leaves out of one of the papers and layered them in as well. I pulled bits and pieces from the ephemera pack and shapes. I used those to create my title on the right side of my photo and then moved on to the last bit of embellishing.
I pulled out the Basic words and added a few below my photo and to the left and then went in for the Hey Sugar,Sugar epoxy stickers. I love these and I keep reaching for them on all kinds of different projects! But I added these little beauties in a few spots and loved the pop of white and was happy.  


Illustrated Faith: Studio Acrylics Shanna's Favorites, Water colors Shanna's Favorites, All People All Nations collection; Hope, Boarders&3x4's, My Foundation, Ephemera, Shapes, Epoxy Stickers;Hey Sugar,Sugar, Basics-Words, Make your mark collection;Real Deal

No comments:

Post a Comment