Saturday, June 11, 2016

Hip Kit club CT / Shadow Box with tags

Hello everyone!! So school is out for the summer!! 
And my kids are in full fledged summer fun time! On top of getting them getting out of school, the 1st week we all played whos going to be sick today? We all went threw a 24 hour period of a very nasty stomach virus, fun, :(
But everyone is good now and I am back to playing with my May kits!! I made this shadow box for my mom for mothers day. And yes shes already got this, I didn't make her wait lol I am just be hind on here, that seems to be a constent for me lol I am trying to fix that though.


I made this with a shadow box from my stash, but I wanted to decorate something that my mom could use and change out the pictures that she wants, when she wants. I used my May main kit for the patterned papers, including the beautiful Hip Kit club exclusive papers created by the lovely Kim Watson. I also used the American crafts white, fountain, light kraft and white vellum from the cardstock kit. I also used bits and pieces from the embellishment kit for embellishing, with pieces from the main kit too.

I started out with the Light kraft paper for the background and went to making my pockets and sewed them on. I wanted to make sure they were secure so they wouldn't come off when putting the tags and pictures in and out. I made sure of the tag size and place them in and started embellishing the way I wanted and when I was done with the embellishing is when I chose pictures to go in. Its was actually a lot faster project for me then I thought it was going to be but Im happy with the way it turned out and my mom loved it.

Thanks so much for stopping by to check out what I created with my May kit and I have more to share with you and will be posing in the next few days. I hope you come back to see!!
And make sure you head over to the Hip Kit Club blog and check out all the pretty things the other DT members are making! And come and join in on the challenges and chats we have over on the Hip Kit club facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment