Monday, January 17, 2022

Christmas Hair | Clique Kits

Good morning everyone! I know its after Christmas, but I'm still working on Christmas layouts lol. Are any of you doing the same? Well this morning I'm sharing a layout of my youngest son and his hair cut for Christmas.
This boy usually like to keep his hair unruly and under a beanie, but for some reason he decided that he wanted to get his haircut before Christmas. And hey, if that's what he wanted, why not? I started my layout with the Holiday magic seasonal kit, with all that beautiful Pinkfresh Studio papers and embellishments. I took the four smaller pictures of my son and mounted them on a piece of white cardstock, with a bit extra at the bottom. I popped that up on some 3D adhesive and stated layering a few of the papers behind that.
I pulled a few of the other papers and a few dies I had and ran them through my big shot so that I had some sprigs to tuck in here and there. I went ahead with tucking those in on the left and right of the photo mount, but at this point it was just looking to plain with just the white background. I pulled out some other papers and tried them, but I wasn't liking it so I went back to the white background and decided to pull out my stencils and go through them.
I found an old crafters workshop stencil with different size dots in a circle and decided to use it. I put it in the middle of my layout when I had had the photos sitting and grabbed my distress oxide in candied apple and went to buffin it thought the stencil. Once I had decided I liked how far it went out I stopped and placed my photos and my layers back on top and stuck it down.
I didn't really want to add much more to it, so I cut out one of the tags, added a puffy sticker and a few twigs and called it good. I did try a few other things, but none of them were right. So I left it a bit planer, but I like that the pictures are front and center in this layout. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my layout! And make sure to head over to the Clique kits shop and look at all the pretties there are in the shop to play with!

No comments:

Post a Comment