Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Experiment | Mixed Media tags | Clique Kits

Good morning everyone!! I am sharing some canvas tags with you today and some mixed media. Mixed media is something I've done in the past, not very much mind you and I barely ever share it when I do do it. I'm not quite sure of myself all the time when it comes to mixed media. But this month I wanted to try something new to me. So I pulled my Me Time kit along with some Heidi Swapp canvas tags and distressed oxides from the shop and went to playing.
I dug into my stash as well and pulled some great stamps from Coco&Reno and some Liquitex glass beads texture get. This texture gel I have had FOVEVER!! And have never used it, so I figured why not right? I'm trying new things so I might as well really go for it lol.
​I jumped in with the glass bead gel, not sure if this was how I was supposed to do, but I did. I used a stencil and ran it through that. Once all my tags dried, I pulled out my distressed oxides, Clique Chromatics | Blooms Distress Oxide Set | Ranger, Clique Chromatics | Forest Distress Oxide Set | Ranger, and Clique Chromatics | Ocean Distress Oxide Set | Ranger. I smashed them on to a scrap piece of plastic packaging. After adding water to them I tried to smush the tags into my little puddles, but with the bead gel on there, there was a little too much dimension to work the way I wanted. So, I flipped them back over and went in with my water brush.
The water brush helped a lot. It allowed me to have more control with adding the amount of color I wanted to the tags. After I hit those with my heat gun, I used some of my label stamps and a background stamp with my stazOn ink, until I was happy with the way things were looking. Then it was in to my kit. I pulled paper and cut some tags out with my dies and layered them with labels from the kit. I added some other die cuts and then pulled the beautiful Alexandra Renken and Altenew dies and went to layering then till I got them the way I wanted.
I finished my tags off by stamping some sentiments and adding them to my tags. I hope you enjoyed these tags. I have to say I really did like playing with them. And it allows me to try new things and be ok enough to be willing to try new things as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment