Monday, November 16, 2020

I love it when the coffee kicks in....| Clique Kits International

Good morning everyone! I wanted to share a fun layout that I made with the beautiful September Song kit. I wanted to play with a patterned backgound again, I keep trying to branch out lol. I had made a cut file so I could use it on the background for my title, but accidents happen. Well really, my daughters saw it and decided to color on it. So instead of making another one, I decided to use it as a stencil. I started this layout with the title, it being so big, I knew where I had space to put my photo and any embellishments that I wanted to add.
ILike I said, I used the cutfile as a stencil, just dabbed white paint over it. I figured it would show up pretty good on the background. I had to wait for that to dry, so I started to play with layers behind my photo. Just a good little pic I took on snapchat with my coffee. My my time in the mornings, before the kids get up, before school starts, before the crazy starts lol.
I chose some of the pretty bright colors from the patterned papers to add a pop behind the photo. Then I was like, hey this layout is about my coffee, so why not make a coffee cut to go with it. I sketched one out and cut if from different papers from the kit. I added a little sewing for texture and tucked it in under the side of my photo.
At this point my title was dry, I traced around it with a black pen thinking it might make it pop a little more. In person it doee. lol. Since the title was dry, I added a strip under the title for some seperation and to highlight it and then started to go through my ephemera and pull things I wanted to layer together. I added little bits here and there around the layout. A bit of yellow at the top and bottom. Really just because I liked the color and wanted to add it to my layout. And that was it, my fun little layout was done.
I hope you enjoyed me being a bit goofy with this layout. I had fun with it and I enjoy using goofy pictures as well. Mine, my kids and my pups lol. Come back and see what eles I have put together. I have a few other projects to share really soon, so I hope you come back by. Make sure to head over to Clique Kits and check out all the beautiful kits and all the amazing work the other ladies do. They are a great bunch and they all have so much talent! Clique Kits Products used: Base Kit: September Son kit: American Crafts Add on kit: September Son Solid Cardstock: American crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment