Thursday, January 10, 2019

Happy Birthday / Bella Blvd DT

This week over on the Bella Blvd blog its Birthday week, So today I'm here playing with the Wish Big collection and documenting my youngest daughters 2nd birthday!!
I am working with the girly Wish Big collection, and I just have to say that I love all the beautiful colors and patterns there are in this collection, and oh so many things that can be fussy cut!!

Honestly, starting this layout I had a pieces of white cardstock sitting on my desk that I had cut a circle out of before and just picked it up to set it to the side to go threw some of my Bella goodies and sat it on top of some of the items I had already pulled out and liked the way it looked. So I decided to use it for my background and build from there.
I knew I was making a birthday layout, and I loved the happy birthday paper that I had sat the cardstock on so I used it. I don't usually  start my layouts this way, but this one started that way lol. After I had paced those two pieces together, I started layering behind my photo. I do love to add layers!!

After layering a bunch of pretty papers behind my photo and getting it the way I wanted, I sat my photo where I thought I might want it and moved on to playing with embellishments. I pulled a few acrylic words out, One from this collection and then another from Bella. 
I laid the Happy Birthday up to the right of the photo, grabbed my ephemera packs and started pulling things I thought I might wanna use, knowing that a lot of them would make there way on to this layout.
As I went I tucked more little pieces here and there in my photo mats and around the title. Added chipboard pieces, along with paper ones.
I also used some of the stickers from the Sticky mix that goes along with this collection, snipped some and tucked them here and there.
I don't usually add things on top of my photos, but I seem to be doing it more and more recently, so I created a little embellishment cluster to go on the bottom left of my photo. I wanted to use two of the cute little chipboard candles, since she was turning two, and I loved the little Hip Hip Hooray paper piece, and the fact that doing this also allowed me to add a few more pops of color down there that I wanted. 
I thought I was done at this point but I felt like my layout was missing something so I sat it down, stood up and looked at it. To me, it needed a little color at the top, since my layout already had quite a bit at the top. So I went threw and cut a few strips of some of my favs and added them to the bottom. This also gave me another place to add another embellishment cluster! lol. I finished my layout off by adding some of the oh so cute puffy hearts and some gold splatters. 


Wish Big Collection: Boarders, Let's Celebrate, Cakes&Crowns, Party Animals, Daily Details, Ciao Chips, Ephemera Words, Sticky Mix Cardstock Stickers, Acrylic Word-Birthday
Acrylic Words-Happy&Smile, Puffy Heart Stickers; Cotton Candy Mix, Pickle Juice Mix


No comments:

Post a Comment